2008-12-24 / Obituaries

Guy

Calvin Guy of Coffeeville died late Monday afternoon in the USA Medical Center in Mobile where he had been hospitalized since he was burned Nov. 25.

Guy, a longtime taxidermist, had mistakenly poured gasoline instead of diesel on a trash pile to help get it started. It exploded and burned him over 52 percent of his body. The mishap occurred at his shop on Highway 69 North.

Despite being burned, he was able to drive himself that day to the Coffeeville Dairy Bar where he received help.

Funeral details were incomplete as the newspaper went to press Tuesday morning.

Lathan Funeral Home is handling arrangements.

Return to top