Betty Jean Phillips Jackson, 69, a resident of Rockville and a native of Daphne, died March 30, 2013 at Jackson Medical Center. She was born on March 14, 1944 in Daphne to the late Nathaniel Phillips and Idell Weeks Phillips. She married the love of her life Titus J “TJ” Jackson on Jan. 29, 1962. She was a member of Mt. Olive No. 1 Baptist Church of Rockville where she attended until her health failed.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, George and James Weeks and Willie Phillips, three grandchildren, Kelvin Fuller and Anthony and Reginald Jackson.
Left to cherish her memory are a loving and devoted husband of 51 years, Titus J. Jackson of Rockville; six loving and devoted daughters, Elizabeth Fuller, Jacklyn (Charlie) Jackson, Lesia (Jerry) Jackson, Veronica Jackson, Valeria (Randolph) Jackson, Pamela (David) Sims; two loving and devoted sons, Titus (Tashia) Jackson Sr. and Micheal Jackson; one stepson, Darryl Ezell; 20 grandchildren, two which she raised, Nicole (Anthony) Daffin and James Jackson; 24 great-grandchildren; two devoted great-grandchildren, Akeina and Ryler Jackson; two sisters, Emma (Willie) Snipe and Louise Weeks, both of Birmingham; two brothers, Tony Weeks of Rockville and Robbie of Washington; one aunt, Irma Pope of Fairhope; one uncle, Fred Weeks of Maryland; three step-grandchildren; nine sisters and brothers-inlaw, Major (JoAnn) Jackson Sr., Edward Jackson, Lola Jackson, all of Rockville, Alonzo (Von) Jackson and William (Patricia) Caves, all of Jackson, Evelyn Campbell of Daphne, Sharon Jackson and Cecil Jackson, both of Detroit, Mich.; and a host of nieces and nephews and three devoted, Stephanie (Winfred) Richardson, Major (LaTonya) Jackson Jr., and Larenzo Jackson.
Visitation will be Friday, April 5 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the chapel of Jackson Memorial Funeral Home.The funeral will be Saturday, April 6 at Mt. Olive No. 1 Baptist Church in Rockville with viewing to begin at 1 p.m. and the funeral following at 2. The Rev. Kevin Jackson, pastor, will officiate. Burial will follow in the church cemetery.